It’s no secret I love me some new music and some great albums have been released just in time for summer.
Here are 5 new albums (maybe not that new) that I’ve been loving lately, hope you enjoy them as much as me!
- Lovely Little Lonely – The Maine I’ve been a fan of The Maine since I was around 14 or 15, aka since they started out. I remember first listening to their songs on MySpace and now, 10 years later, they’ve released their 6th album and let me tell you it’s everything I expected and more. The album is nostalgic, reminiscing of 90s and early 2000s music but at the same time it feels contemporary; it’s an emotional album but it’s not sad, it’s almost happy. Lyrics are great, music is great and the flow from song to song is flawless.
- ÷ (Divide) – Ed Sheeran Also a favorite of mine for a while now. Ed Sheeran’s Divide has the guitar and that organic sound that we’ve heard before, we get some rapping and irish sounds (which I’m a huge fan of since like forever). He managed to stay true to his sound and the topics he writes about but bringing a sound that feels more pop. Love, heartbreak, club song… whatever song you’re looking for it’s probably in this album.
- Memories … Do Not Open – The Chainsmokers This is a guilty pleasure of mine. The first time I listened to The Chainsmokers I thought “Oh no, another song about the club with simple and repetitive lyrics”, but I was wrong because even though their lyrics are not the most clever, along with the music they form the perfect nostalgic combination. The album has catchy songs, sad songs, fun songs and just sing along/ dance along songs… it’s a fun album and we all need a fun album to listen to while getting ready for going out on a saturday night.
- Mansionz – mansionz Mike Posner and Matthew Musto (aka Blackbear) came together and formed this hip hop, alternative duo that it’s honestly a great combination. This album is so weird that I don’t know how to describe it, you’ll have to trust me on this one and just listen to it. The album falls apart a little bit in some songs, which makes me wonder if two super talented people could have made something better… As this article puts it, it’s a lazy masterpiece “, but I’m not complaining.
- So Good – Zara Larsson If I had to mention one artist that nails pop, sounds fun and young, not trying too hard, I would definitely say Zara Larsson. So Good is her first album and it’s actually “so good”, it features the songs that made her famous like “Never Forget You” and “I Would Like”. This album is pop with some significant influences, I’m talking RiRi vibes, and some collaborations that makes this the perfect album for a night in with your girl friends.